Online Credit by Exam (CBE) Testing
During school closure, Aledo ISD will provide online Credit by Examination (CBE) testing without prior instruction for the purpose of course acceleration provided the following criteria have been met:
- Student must be enrolled in Aledo ISD to be eligible for CBEs
- Completed registration form must be emailed to the campus counselor by the scheduled registration deadline - late registration is not available
- Student may not have attempted CBE more than twice in the same subject
- Student must have passed and received scores from previous course to schedule the next course (IE: pass Math 7A/7B before registering to take Math 8A/8B)
- Based on District guidelines, only exams approved, registered by the District and taken within the designated testing windows will be considered for credit
The following EOC subjects are not available for CBE for acceleration: Algebra I, Biology, English I, English II, and US History. During school closure, courses requiring products to be mailed to Texas Tech may not be available. Texas Tech will not be offering online CBEs for 1st-3rd grade. Parents interested in credit by exam for 1st-3rd grade, please email Candace Summerhill at firstname.lastname@example.org by the June 12, 2020 registration deadline.
Testing is offered at no cost to the student. However, failure to complete the exam within the designated testing window may result in the parent reimbursing Aledo ISD for the cost of the exam(s).
CBE Registration Form During School Closure Gr 6-12
Registration Deadline Online Testing Window
May 8, 2020
deadline extended to
May 14, 2020
June 1-30, 2020 June 12, 2020 July 1-31, 2020
The Texas Tech credit by examination review sheets, which may be accessed through the link below, share information about CBE preparation including materials that are needed to take the exam.
TTU CBE Review Sheets