TxVSN ACCELERATED SUMMER SCHOOL
Aledo ISD is excited to offer summer school courses for the summer of 2023 through the Texas Virtual School Network. The TxVSN offers accredited high school courses to supplement regular instructional programs. The courses available this summer will only be for original credit, not re-taking classes that have previously been taken.
Students may identify themselves with academic needs and learning styles appropriate for online learning by taking a pre-assessment for readiness of online learning. Currently, students are limited to two (2) courses per summer session (maximum of 1 credit for the summer session). Fees are charged for each course and the fees will vary by the course and provider.
The timeline for completing summer courses is set by the course provider. Students must follow the schedule and guidelines set in each course. Summer courses taken as a graduation requirement will count toward academic UIL “No Pass/No Play” and maintain the same eligibility calendar provided by Aledo ISD. (Note: all courses will appear on the transcript, but will not be factored in the calculation of GPA). The following courses will be available in Aledo ISD in the summer of 2023 (other courses may be considered upon request):
- Speech (all grades, graduation requirement for Class of 2024)
- Health (all grades, graduation requirement)
- Government (going into grade 12, graduation requirement)
- Economics (going into grade 12, graduation requirement)
- Physical Education (all grades, graduation requirement)
- Psychology (going into grades 10-12, counts as elective credit)
- Sociology (going into grades 10-12, counts as elective credit)